View Single Post

Garage
Well there really is no frame on the P-car - unibody.

As for subjecting the P-car to an insurance appraiser you must defend yourself. They are not in the business of giving money away. When I was rear ended I took the P-car to 4 different high end shops to get an estimate. I received 4 estimates that varied by as much as $2000. That is a significant amount. Guess which estimate 9 out of 10 insurance adjusters would agree with. I did not let it go that far.

When the insurance adjuster showed, he said, "It doesn't look like much damage." I pulled out the "high" estimate and proceeded to point out each of damages. The insurance adjuster new the shop (they knwo most all in your area if they've been in the business for a while) and took their recommendation, cutting the check for the "high" amount. Being prepared with an expert estimate of the damages I had my interests protected.

I would suggest getting 2-3 other high end shops come to the house to give you an estimate.
Old 01-05-2004, 08:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)