View Single Post

Arghhh! Blue Smoke! Time to Freak?

Recently, I have noticed something strange with the beast.

Start it up, sometimes I get the "usual" poof of blue smoke.

Started it up after leaving the gym (car sat for 1.5 hours) and after about 5 minutes, I was sitting at a light downwind and what do I see, blue smoke!!!! I just kept a straight face and ignored it, hoping it would go away. I then hit the freeway and noticed nothing. Brought it home, sat it in the garage and no smoke.

Started it up the other morning and it started doing it again. It seems to go away after the car gets to normal operating temp.

OK, I admit it, I freaked a little bit, called the boyz down at Black Forest and explained what was going on. They said that this could be normal since the weather is cooling and it is basically condensation with a blue tint. The key is how far down the street is the smoke blowing. 0-6 feet, ok--anything further than that then there may be a problem. Mine was borderline 6 feet.

She is going in tomorrow for a check-up, I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Question is, has anyone had the same experience? Stats: 124K miles, oil consumption varies from 1 qt. 300-500 miles. I don't drive the car much, had 2 years, put about 9K on it. How much is a top end rebuild?

I really don't want to do an engine rebuild with this car. Not the way to start a new year.

Fock Me!!
Old 01-05-2004, 01:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)