View Single Post

One more alignment thought. Getting it right requires height checking and correction before setting wheel angles. Ask for a print out of the wheel angles before and after adjustment. You can ask most techs for an explanation of what the angles meant as far as road behavior or tire wear issues.Porsche specs call for close to zero camber (or a hint positive for good straight tracking)about 6 1/2 deg caster and 1/16 toe in. This is from memory only. I usually aim for about 1/2 to 1 deg neg camber for a little better cornering vs straight tracking. Try to get caster and camber close to the same side to side.Many shops will set caster slightly more on pass side to compensate for crowned roads.I don't, I aim for as close to equal side to side instead of just reaching one end or the other of the allowed ranges.To get really nice results you can corner balance the spring pressures first instead of just checking heights but this is alot more time consuming.The reason the 911 is so nice when set up right is also why it can be such a pain when it's not. Most cars don't have nearly as many possible adjustments and as such can't be tuned as well ,or that far out of tune either.
1964 Corvair Spyder Turbo gone
2012 Boss 302

Last edited by johnsjmc; 01-05-2004 at 06:02 PM..
Old 01-05-2004, 05:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)