View Single Post

New sheriff? PROFESSIONAL? Any one that has done this for any length of time would know to follow the DIN cable to the tuner pack. You would then extend your antenna and speaker wires to that point and rewire. I don't speak German. I must honestly say I have never done an 80 but in 84 the tuner and amp (one unit) was under the passenger seat and used a std antenna. (adapter is about $9.00).

I think if you or your friend were more upfront about who was doing the job or asking the questions Bell would have given a more direct answer but as you must know as a PROFESSIONAL Installer some things are best left up to a PROFESSIONAL. Someone not familier with doing a rewire or electricly inclined could cause alot of damage.

I have been doing this for over 20yrs and some of the best installers I have known couldn't pass the MECP certification (They couldn't take tests, did bad in school also) but they could work magic in the install bay including IASCA championships and magazine spreads. At the last shop I worked for they made the sales staff get first class certified. They had a couple of days of schooling from the book then tested while fresh in there minds, 3/4 of them passed first time. MECP certified, big deal.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)