View Single Post

In Washington, the signs say Keep Right Except To Pass and reference a Washington RCW (law). This morning, the left lane campers were pretty obvious, since we have a blizzard going on out there and the RIGHT lanes are the clear (plowed) ones. So you see, there can be law but no enforcement and no compliance.

And law enforcement is not for the purpose of public safety. That is, I hope you Pelicanheads understand that it's about revenue, not safety. Besides, a lane violation of this type is a judgement call, allowing more discussion in a court room. Speed violations are 'brute fact' violations for which there is little defense. Speeders are the "low hanging fruit."

I have little hope that our constabulary will enforce these sensible and important laws. I have even less hope that drivers will be required to have knowledge, skill and awareness as a condition of being permitted to operate a motor vehicle. If you'll forgive my regress to things political....the oil companies and auto makers would simply not stand for a reduction in single occupancy vehicles. Again, it's not about public safety, or even people at all. It's about revenue and earnings.
Old 01-06-2004, 06:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)