View Single Post
Registered

Garage
Not finish yetOld style water pump versus Turbo style on

Once that done I would move to your motor top end...check all vacums hoses & other rubber hoses for crakes & use,specially the fuel hoses that goes over your fuel injection shroud ...see picsFuel hoses mark by two white dots.Sparks plugs wire either Bosche or NKG should be silicone ,sparks plugs will be your choice but has to be Cooper Core not the so call expensive Lithium one, our cars just love Cooper core..You allready have some advices on bulbes switchs ect ....but the old style fuses panel under the dash are the home of those deadly ceramic fuses witch with time as a tendency to get brittle,they ar cheap & should be replace....picsForgot the OE air filter will do the job perfectly on your 924S so avoid the Cone Filter set up if possible.Now lets get serious SUSPENSION....your car is now 33years old & if the bushings has not been replace you should do so ,once again try to stay OE with new rubber bushings ,withch not a race car application will give you a firm ride,Shocks should be look at at if need replacing ,if so BOGE are ot that expensive a good choice front & rear a stut brace will do little for your car handling it's stiff enough as it is.With the suspension come brakes & tires ,a very good brake pads witch I use both on my ex -944 & 968 were see picsAxxis Deluxe not that expensive but work well cold & warm as real good stopping power & minimun brakes dust.Finaly there is a lot of little mods you could do to your car to make it more pleasurable to drive around & won't cost you a fortune exp a short shifter kit ,,,,came tower ...electronic coil...lowering the car front & rear & the rigth tire both my cars were riding on Falken tires....FYI click on my garage & see Old Faitshfull 83-944 & Dream 93-968,hope this will help in the future & have fun...Ernie
Old 10-13-2020, 03:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)