View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Grady Clay
Aah, what memories.
When I first met Vasek, boy was HE in charge! His new office was above the show room and he had a series of small windows that looked out over the shop and parts dept. This was upstairs, in the corner to the left in Jaredís photo of the area just North of the shop. Who are all the people in that photo? The photo is from Joe Ruszís Porsche Sport í72, page 18.
Arnold Wagner was parts manager. Dieter Ö and Alwin Springer were line mechanics newly from Germany and went to the races on weekends. These three were to go on and start Andial in Costa Mesa. Alwin, to eventually head Porsche Motorsport North America.
Vasco (Vasek Jr.) and I chased each other around Hermosa Beach (and all the way down to Long Beach) in our 904s and more. I donít think dad (Vasek Sr.) ever found out. The good news is that we both lived to tell about it. Iíll see if I have some photos of all this.
What happened to the race shop just up the street? Vasek would occasionally feel generous and let me root through his huge stacks of posters. He even put me in his 908 for lots of laps at Willow. I think mostly to keep Milt in fear of his ride as I was slightly faster (no fear) being 10 years Miltís junior. Of course Vasek had me do more mundane things. Check out page 59 of Rusz. Thatís me with one of Vasekís multiple 917s.

Best,
Grady
Wow!!! Now those are very cool memories to share !!!

Would LOVE to hear more.....!!!!

Thank you
RGruppe#152
Early 911S Reg.#335
Old 01-06-2004, 07:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)