View Single Post
Registered

Hey all,

@Ernie944 gave me instructions on how to dump photos into a post -- mostly because he wanted to see the car I bought hahaha -- but seriously, I'm only too happy to oblige. I'm really proud of this addition to my family.

So just to recap, the good: one owner (doctor), fully documented (all the stamps in the service booklet and tons of receipts), original manuals, original brochure, full toolkit, 160K (100K miles) so average 5K a year, all original interior with only a couple of minor cracks, but otherwise seats, doors, center console, all in tip-top shape. Never winter driven.

The bad: need to do the timing/water pump; have that whine in the tranny, one window switch doesn't work, and the original radio was replaced with a tasteful but non-Blaupunkt cd player from the days when aftermarket head units could still be tasteful -- LOL. As an aside, I would like to go back to what came in the car originally, so if anyone knows what the stock radio model would have been (I have the original radio code cards which say "Autobahn" which I think would have been a VW head unit, I believe) please shed some light on this for me.

Now, without further ado, from the day I brought the car home (about 2 weeks ago), washed and gave her a quick wax, and removed 33 years of ballast from behind the front wheels (you'll see. No rot or rust whatsoever). Photos taken on the wharf 3 minutes from my house.

With gratitude,
Stephen

1973 Ford Courier
Old 10-15-2020, 04:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)