View Single Post

Obviously you still work in the home office Todd
If you spent as much time on the road each day as I, you probably would feel differently. I travel the I75 corridor regularly from well north of Dayton OH down through Cinti and into Northern KY. You wouldnt believe how often I come across find someone blocking the left lane when the middle and right hand lane are totally empty. Im not talking about rush hour either....this is all day long!
Here in Ohio, we have signs which clearly state "Left lane for passing only". It is illegal to pass on the right.
This is not an issue of speeding or not speeding. It is a matter of common courtesy and respect for your fellow driver. There is no advantage for anyone to get in the left lane and block the smooth flow of traffic. What it causes is people who will get upset and drive recklesly with the intent of getting around the jerk in the left lane. This puts all of us at risk. Is that the right reaction? Of course not, but that is what happens.
I like to run about 70mph. IMO, that is a speed that is consistant with the flow of traffic and causes the least disturbance. If you feel like driving 65, more power to you. However, the only people who should be concerned about enfocing the speed laws are the police.....not some civilian with too much time on his/her hands.
RGruppe#252
Old 01-06-2004, 11:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)