View Single Post

I still cannot get over our last mountain run. On the way up to the mountains we had to drive on the highway. At one point the driver of a Jeep was so engaged in conversation with his passenger that he was oblivious to six Porches and an Alpha lined up behind him. He was just cruising in the left hand lane with the right lane wide open, but wouldn't yield the lane or didn't notice we were there. And he had those monster truck tires on his Jeep - they just suck up HP so he really couldn't go all that fast anyway.

You also have to remember when you are leading a group of fellow drivers you really can't just pass on the right. You need to consider the rest of the group, their driving habits and the openings available in traffic. So weaving traffic is not an option.

But this guy was just a flipping idiot. Flashing highbeams, tooting the horn - nothing made him look back. Blah, blah, blah. I don't know what he was saying but he sure was yakking a lot. Finally we did pass him on the right. I think he woke up then. I don't know about the other cars with me but a Turbo on full boost with the fuel enrichment engaged makes a sound like a jet airplane. And he had those canvas doors so he sure heard me go by.

He moved to the right lane after we all passed him.
Mods include: Kokeln IC, GHL Headers, Hooligan muffler, Modified K27 7200, BL WUR, LC-1 & XD-16, Bilstein Sports (4), TRG sway bars, Oversize torsion bars, Strut brace

Last edited by BlkBird; 01-07-2004 at 06:26 AM..
Old 01-07-2004, 06:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)