View Single Post
Friend of Warren

For those that are curious, here is my posting back in October showing my leakdown and compression numbers:

"My 3.2 has 133,000 miles and is burning about 1 qt of oil every 400-500 miles although I never see any smoke come out of the exhaust even when I try the decelleration test for valve guide wear. Today I did a compression and leak down test after I drove the car. Here are the results:

#1: Compression 145, leakdown 80%
#2: Compression 180, leakdown 8%
#3: Compression 180, leakdown 6%
#4: Compression 190, leakdown 2%
#5: Compression 60, leakdown 100%
#6: Compression 205, leakdown 8%

As you can see I have some real problems with cylinders 1 and 5. However #1 sparkplug is clean, but #5 sparkplug is oil covered. I drove the car again and retested with the same results. On the leakdown I could hear air escaping into the exhaust system on both 1 and 5. I squirted oil in cylinder 5 and there was no increase in compression. I am hoping there is a possiblilty that the exhaust valves on 1 and 5 are adjusted too tight and my plan is to pull the lower valve covers on both sides and adjust 1 and 5 exhaust valves. Any opinions or suggestions out there?"
Old 01-07-2004, 06:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)