View Single Post
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmax View Post
Details matter !
That it was a US car helps.

Interior condition ?
Is the paint "perfectly" done as it looks ?
etc

And the typical questions you would ask if buying ...

I would start at $40K which is low if everything checks out.
Interior condition is very good and will be better by spring. The only significant flaws at present are:
1. Cracked grilles on rear speakers ( front grilles are new). I have a new set of reproduction rear grilles to oem spec but the installed speakers are larger than stock so existing speakers need to replace with smaller to correct properly. Just didn't get to it. Fairly minor issue.

2. cracked plastic on the rear belts bolt covers. This is pretty common wear point I believe.

3. Wear on the driver's seat . I did have the drivers seat repaired with a replacement leather panel and repair finished to match the existing seat leather 10 years ago when I had the car painted but after 10 years of minimal use the driver seat now has cracks appearing in the repaired area . That bothers me because I am quite particular and as I indicated I like to make the best repair possible when needed so I plan on replacing the seat leathers over the winter with new german leather. It's costly but if I don't end up selling the car I will enjoy the new leather. Unfortunately the passengers seat is perfect but I believe these must be replaced as a set

The exterior paint was done to a high standard and has not really degraded in the past 10 years that I can tell. Still has great shine and there are no real flaws other than a few minor nicks in the paint and a couple chips in the rocker guard but you have to search. Is it 100 % perfect , no but definately still looks very, very good.

The worst 2 imperfections are below. Compared to what I see on BAT the paint has almost no issues but it is not original, never will be again . In reality I expect is has better appearance that almost any car with original paint unless it was in a museum the last 35 years.
I have before pictures as well from 2007 when I purchased the car to show any perspective buyers this repaint was just to refresh from normal road wear and not an attempt to hide anything like rust, etc.

1. Paint chip in hood approx 1/8" or less. Happened first year after repaint. Only chip above rocker panels that I am aware of.
2. Damage at wiper arm. This was the only real flaw and occurred on reassembly (by me)from overtightening the wiper arm assembly. 10 years later it looks the same.

If these bothered someone, these couple flaws could be repaired but I am the only one that ever noticed these little flaws as you need to go over the car pretty closely to identify . Unless you are expecting an absolute concours condition example I would expect most anyone to be very pleased with the exterior.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Old 11-18-2020, 04:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)