View Single Post
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
I do this too but I have used a Collins Foot on crown successfully. My CM installations dwindled to once every six months to none so I'm out of practice. It's an art for sure and not like getting on a bicycle after a few years.

We have a couple of those Collins base. Bought them when they first came out (I used to a sucker for tools). Still not as accurate and easy as the grinder. That radical angle the jig saw has to perform in isn't not always accurate with the blade dancing all over the place. I think once you try and angle grinder method, you will never go back. We haven't installed any large stain grade crown in a few years. There's not too much call for that anymore unless its a grand old house. We worked on a few Craftsman and Spanish colonial homes around Pasadena and the foothills. We are currently in the process of bidding on a craftsman that's built in 1912. No crown but lots of finish woodwork. Its a complete gut out job.
Old 11-19-2020, 11:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #124 (permalink)