View Single Post
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by masraum View Post
Cool. He was 60 when I was born. My dad was from a second marriage. He was born in 1910 so was a young man through the depression. He passed away while I was in college and we traveled (dad in the Navy) when I was younger, so I didn't really get to know him as an adult. Due to living through the depression, I'm sure he didn't spend needlessly, but I suspect he also bought quality when he did spend money.
The old couple next door to my parents were depression era people. I was in high school and was helping her out with a drawer back in the 80s. Upon opening the drawer, a thousand plastic bags came flying out. She said, young man, "You may laugh at me for saving all the bags and other useless items, we grew up in the depression, so everything must be saved for the rainy days to come." until one come across an event like that, we can read and watch TV all day long but will never get it. Those are hard working people.
Old 11-20-2020, 08:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #153 (permalink)