View Single Post
Registered

Garage

I'm pretty excited - bought a HP92 on the 'Bay and excitedly awaiting its arrival.

The HP92 was Hewlett-Packard's desktop "financial/investor" printing calculator. https://www.hpmuseum.org/hp92.htm It is much rarer than the HP97 desktop "scientific" printing calculator, which I have sitting on my desk. I have been looking for a HP92 for many years, but they all seem to be $600+. I finally found one for a reasonable price and grabbed it. It has a problem in the paper feed mechanism, but I took the gamble that I can fix that.

Why do I care if it is a HP92 or a HP97? Why do I want either on my desk? Well, sometimes you need to do some quick calculations and don't want to fire up Excel, I have a hard time using an algebraic calculator, and I really have little need for scientific functions but do occasionally have need for TVM and IRR functions. I think the HP92 does bond math too but I doubt I'll use it for that.

Last edited by jyl; 11-23-2020 at 12:26 PM..
Old 11-23-2020, 12:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)