View Single Post
Registered

I can go on and on about different type of blades and get about the same for just the opposite of what I say.

Buy a good blade, those Diablo at homedepot are not gooe, industry quality blades.

IMO, a General purpose combo blade is needed. We have a 60 tooth blade on our 10" saw all the time. A completely different animal on the large sliding table saw, 72 tooth blade, triple chip grind as well as alternate top bevel, known to saw people as ATB. We stick to three brands, Meyers, Leitz, and FS. We do have a few Amana and some other older industrial blades.

My recommendation is to buy two blades, a combo (normally a 50 tooth for a 10" blade, 4 atb with a raker tooth) and a ATB blade for crosscuts and plywood to produce chip free cuts. Try to buy thin kerf blade for the contractor type saw, but do put blade stabilizers on to keep blade true. Heat will warp them, so go easy, not slow because that creates too much heat. You will get the feel is the saw is bogging down. Thin kerf blades will help a lot but they are not as robust. I always like to run a thin kerf blade on my 10" saw.
Old 12-18-2020, 04:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #217 (permalink)