View Single Post
Back in the saddle again

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBAtarga View Post
Mainly a hobbyist but have been tinkering for over 35 years now. I built a 2300 sq ft shop on our property to house my equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Very nice.

I'm still trying to get everything out to our new place and start working on getting my tools ready and making the shop useful. Too much honey-do stuff so far.

I did get some of my old tools out of storage and moved out to the shop. In addition to what Look171 gave me (router and shoulder/rabbet), I also have a Stanley block plane (apparently, one that's not terribly desirable) and a Stanley "Handyman" smoothing plane (also, not desirable) and a handful of old Stanley chisels that are in dire need of attention. I've got a diamond plate with 2 grits and a cheap Chinese honing guide so I can get the planes and chisels sharp. I'm sure that once I get the planes tuned up, they'll work even though the two that I had aren't the most desirable models. I haven't picked up many of the power tools yet.

I have some old "barn wood" (some is literally from an old barn and some is from a fence) that I plane to turn into a ramp for our dachshund to get up and down from the porch. I also plan to take some of that wood to build a compost heap. There's some wood laying around that I'm going to use to build a couple/few saw horses. Jonathan Katz-Moses built some that were interesting. They seem sturdy and they stack. I may build those. Then Chris Schwarz had what he called a "sawbench" at the end of his book an workbenches that was interesting. It's really short (the distance from the ground to the bottom of your kneecap, so probably ~18").
sawbench

saw horses
'08 Boxster RS60 Spyder #0099/1960
- never named a car before, but this is Charlotte.
'88 targa SOLD 2004 - gone but not forgotten

Last edited by masraum; 02-04-2021 at 12:23 PM..
Old 02-04-2021, 12:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #294 (permalink)