View Single Post
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamper View Post
Found an old thread here.
I've been trying to dial in my Sag with these newly purchased Ohlin shocks I had built. Are most of you using the 30% front 25% rear formula. My shock builder said they would be built and shouldn't need any adjustment out of the box. I think the bike is actually riding fairly well but I haven't been able to push it hard in the turns. It seems to be tracking good. I've checked the Sag and the rear is right on the 25% but the front is at 26.4%. I'm thinking of adjusting the front Preload to get it to 30%. It's at 29mm and my figures show it should be 33mm so a little under 3/16". Plan to loosen the preload ring a turn and a half. I've been told one turn usually equals 1/8".
Does this sound right to you guys with the experience setting up the S suspension?
You are getting carried away with numbers, the best piece of kit you will ever have for setting up suspension is a pen an paper, go out for a set ride and iím not Talking around the block, you need to ride miles on different kinds of road, make notes on setting adjustments.

Never mind the view concentrate on what the bike is doing...not sure WTF is going on make a drastic adjustment untill you have that light bulb moment on what works what......setting up your sus to your taste you may was well be talking women , numbers mean nothing itís what works for you.
Tiger 955
R1100s
Old 02-21-2021, 01:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)