View Single Post
I would rather be driving

I had to weld up the brackets. They will come in a box with two side plates and two cross plates. The cross plates butt weld to the side plates and create a rectangle that the seats bolt to. The seats sit on top of this rectangle. The mounting bracket is nice and has a welded bung for installation of factory seatbelts just like my 71.

The seats themselves are very nice. I got the model 910 in black (only color). The vinyl is high quality and feels more like leather than the plastic like fabrics you usually see. They have cord inserts. Seams are very straight. Overall excellent quality for the money.

I am 6'3", 190#. The seats fit snug but not too tight. Very similar to my early sport seats in the targa. If you have a widebody (38 or higher) they may be too tight. I opted to go for the model with an extra 5cm of height in the shoulders. Same seat just taller. Ask Reiner he will know. I also spent the money to have a sub hole installed. It will take ~5-6 weeks longer but is a nice upgrade if you track the car.

I think they are great seats for the money. You wil not find the same style in a cheap seat (DAD, recaro, etc.). They may not have the same shoulder support as a true race seat but look very period correct.

Here is a link to some pics of the seats
ST Project update: Driver's quarters (Bielstein seats)

I can't wait to get the car going to see how they feel on the road.
classicautowerks.com - EFI conversion parts
Old 01-16-2004, 09:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)