View Single Post
Unconstitutional Patriot

FS: 3.0SC engine w/ Euro CIS

It is slightly premature, but I am trying to line up a 3.6 for my 78SC, and I would like to throw out this ad.

I bought my 78SC in January 2003. The engine was installed by the previous owner. It was rebuilt by a very reputable builder, Mike Bruns, in Florida. The engine is based on an 83 SC engine, 930 case, stock throughout, 9.3:1 compression ratio, Alusil p/c, and the CIS injection is Euro model. If you match-ported the intakes, you would have big intake runners (ala 78/79SC) with high compression (80-83 compression ratio). I have not looked through the records and checked the odometer yet, but I believe the mileage on this engine is around 10-15k miles. It smokes on startup, but only if you let the car sit up for a week or longer.

The car has a Carrera oil cooler, so she has always seen clean, warm oil. When the engine is cold, I never exceed 4000 rpm.

I would be selling the engine complete from air filter to exhaust tip. I do not honestly know what this engine is worth. $4500? $5500?

Opinions please.

Jürgen
Old 01-21-2004, 01:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)