View Single Post
drag racing the short bus

Dave: you've shown me the light, my friend. I never knew my car was able to do what you demonstrated to me. It was pure poetry how a little narrow body could keep itself planted at quite the speed we were achieving. You're an outstanding instructor. I took everything you showed me and applied it to my solo sessions -- and it worked. Now it's just a matter of steeling my nerve. BTW: I have to apologize: I did use 5th gear on the straights. I wanted to "up" the fear factor a little. And it worked!

Of course Tyson got hold of my car and took me for a ride. I think he would've killed most other cars that aren't as strong as Porsches. Tyson, armed with my little bastard, was forcing over Corvettes and Turbo Porsches. He had the car drifting. He was trail-braking, and by the end of it all, had me hyperventilating.

This thing is damn addicting. I'm doing it again as soon as possible.

P.S. of course, where would I be without TRE preparing my car? Probably at work wondering why my life is so boring.

Thanks, Dave. It was great!
Old 01-21-2004, 06:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)