View Single Post

Oil Leak - Take a look at this pic.

Hi all. Ive got an SC motor thats a leaker on the right lower valve cover. Actually, I dont think its the valve cover or gasket at all. The drip is coming from the part that I circled on the pic. Here's the story:
The engine was sitting for about a year before I completed the install. It runs really well with lots of power, its just this damn leak thats putting a damper on things. I thought that the valve cover gaskets dried up after being stored for a year so I changed them with a kit. I properly torqued the nuts and am not getting any leakage anywhere else. Im doubting that it has anything to do with the lower valve cover. Anyone have any similar problems as this? Is there a seal or a washer that I missed? The leak is pretty bad when the car is in idle. I approximate about 1 drop every 7 seconds. Pretty damn fast leak. Take a look at this pic and hopefully someone can chime in with some suggestions.
Thanks!
Old 01-21-2004, 11:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)