View Single Post

Guys,
Thanks for all your help and suggestions. I will follow all your advise and check the obvious ones first. Headstuds and rocker shaft first. BTW, what exactly wears out on the rocker shaft? I was reading in the 101 Projects book that there isnt any seal there, but you can purchase a seal thats for race use. If the rocker shaft is loose and has play, would that be an indiction that the leak is coming from there? Im going to do the cam housing seal as a last resort if I cant get this thing to stop bleeding. Superman, I was planning on driving the car as it is if the problem is really the cam housing seal. But at the drip rate of 1 drip per 7 seconds, I feel that its too excessive to sit in traffic. This is really going to make the car smoke as the oil drips on the exchanger. Or maybe I can figure out a way to keep the drip from hitting the exchanger. Perhaps the drip rate would decrease as I start driving her again. We'll see, and I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks!
Old 01-22-2004, 10:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)