View Single Post
SCWDP- Shock and Awe Dept

Garage
Brad, the car performed flawlessly! I canít quite say that for the driver but Iím pretty happy w/ the way I did for the first time.

Session 1- Ducks in a row. Dave led the way for the group I was in. After the second lap he was leading us much faster than I expected, little did I know.

Session 2- Me driving, Tyson instructing. I was starting to feel pretty good but I wanted Tyson to drive it and show me what the car can do. Tyson drove for 15-20 minutes of that session. WOW! Really opened my eyes. Tyson bled some air out of the tires afterwards and said the car did really good, but I need 9s on the back. Oh wife, Tyson said!

Session 3- Me alone. I was really feeling good w/ the car closer to the envelope and I could tell that I was getting faster every lap. I followed a red Corvette w/ a super charger for a few laps and stayed with him, even in the straights. He finally let me by and I pulled away from him throughout the course. A couple laps later, almost the end of the session, I lost it coming out of three. I thought I nailed the gas to go up the hill too soon, but now I donít know if that was it or if I lifted coming out of the turn. Either way, the rear spun around and I went off the left side of the track, stopping so I was looking back down the hill, no harm no foul. Then I see the red Vette coming around turn three and his back end swung out, then the other way, and off he went off on the other side straight up and onto the bank. Luckily he and the car were ok. Talking to him later, he didnít know I went off and never even saw me over there. He said that he was trying to keep up w/ me in the turns but just couldnít do it.

Session 4- Me driving, Tyson instructing. I sucked! ĎNuff said.

Called it a great day after that. The 3.6 was awesome but I have a lot of learning to do. The temps never went over 210 w/ the two fender coolers. Top speed about 130, redline in 4th. No idea what my times were like. I canít wait for next time!
Old 01-22-2004, 05:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)