View Single Post

Scott,

You know, I have been watching the used classified on this BB for about a month waiting for a "good" used pre muff and sport exhaust. With the exception of one nice Dansk 1/2 sport that I missed because I hemmed and hawed too much, there really hasn't been any nice hardware that I would want to buy.

I think that if you want to save a little money by buying used equipment, it's a prudent investment if the item purchased won't wear out the day after you install it! With anything that moves, or sees an exhaust stream, remaining life is a SWAG. In particular, with mufflers. Unless the muffler is relatively new, you don't know what you are buying. It may be cheap, but may be a pig in a poke.

I'm not inferring here, that any of the posters to this board would falsify any statements as to the condition of any used gear they are selling in order to make the sale. The better truth is that there really isn't any good way to inspect a used muffler or used brake calipers without disecting them (to the best of my knowledge).

So, other than the classifieds on this BB and on the Rennlist BB, where would you suggest that I look for the pre muff and a good sport muff? In particular, I am looking for a SS Dansk sport, either a 1/2 or a 1/1 for my 89 Carerra. I'm frustrated.

Regards.
Old 01-23-2004, 10:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #88 (permalink)