View Single Post

Lorenfb !
I think you have great knowlegde when it comes to Motronic but are you aware of what you are stating ?
You have made your point about chips in general, but you can`t , as you self said, compare apples to oranges.
What did Porsche do when they tweaked the US 3,2 from 207 hp to 217 ?
Change the EProm perhaps ?? The first EProm is an apple, the latter may be the orange then ?

How can you possibly assert that there is not any "harvest" in adjusting the ignition timing (the chip). For example to take use of the capabilities in a 3 points higher octane rated fuel than the lowest usable ?
This goes for the "Euro 3,2" in any case.

You have used the term B.S. and I will compare some of your statements with this term. Why are you talking so much nonsense when you clearly have some much knowledge to bring forward.

On an standard 3,2 engine, how can one adjust the ignition timing on an 930/20 in another way than through the EPROM if you want to retain some safety against pre-detonation. Across the board timing alteration at any given load/rpm most certainly will "close the envelope" and you cannot rise it significantly without going into pre-detonation at certain loads/rpms.
IMHO Tweaking the EProm is the only way to deal with this problem and since the Porsche-engineers for various reasons, so very clearly left a bit at the table ie three points of octane rating.
BTW My gas quality switch has not been set to any other setting than normal ie 0 when using 95 (91US)
Old 01-23-2004, 11:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #93 (permalink)