View Single Post

Quote:
John, no worries, just make sure when you start throwing ***** you warn us!
A few McSorley's tips for our outing:

1. DO NOT put anything in the beer glasses when you are done drinking. Napkins, bits of uneaten onion, etc.

2. DO NOT order a white wine, or anything other than "Light or Dark!"

3. DO NOT whistle. Under any circumstances. Even whistle something like "Loch Lomond" softly, into your jacket.

There are also a few "Do's."

1. DO laugh out loud and stomp your foot when a female inadvertently opens the door to the men's room, revealing a trio of urinating patrons with a hapless look on their face. This happens about five times per evening.

2. DO tip the bartenders on every round, liberally.

3. DO engage in a beer-quaffing contest with European tourists with waist-length hair. After winning the beer contest, add insult to injury by referring to the defeated imbiber "Fabio."

4. DO read "Up in the Old Hotel" by Joseph Mitchell, in particular, the first story in the book, which was written about McSorley's in 1943.

Quote:
Come on John, you live in Hell's Kitchen and don't go to Rudy's?? Best dive in all Manhattan. you can get a scotch and couple of dogs for less than $5 before 5pm.
Rudy's is a little too modern for me, dating from 1934. You can't beat the cheap beer, at last check $2.50 a pint, and the hotdogs cooked using a 40 watt light bulb do a fine job of keeping my white blood cell count high. If you find yourself in that area also check out Mr. Biggs at 43rd and 10th, used to be called "Club 596" when it was the Westies' headquarters. Some pretty grim activities took place in the basement there.

But enough stalling, I am OPEN for next Friday night at 7:00 p.m. who is with me?

Gajinda may be in mourning for his T. . .
'66 911 #304065 Irischgruen
Ex-'71 911 PCA C-Stock Club Racer #806 (Sold 5/15/13)
Ex-'88 Carrera (Sold 3/29/02)
Ex-'91 Carrera 2 Cabriolet (Sold 8/20/04)
Old 01-23-2004, 01:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)