View Single Post

POC has a good program to start track events. They start you out on the smaller Streets of Willow course. The various layouts available, and being able to run different directions is more challenging and instructive than the Fear Factor that the high speed big track poses. Unless you have a fast car and are proficient, exceeding 100 mph on the "Streets" is not likely to happen. then again you are so busy with controlling your car there, that you are hard pressed to look at the tach- let alone any other guages! POC's approach is a sound one- you are not pressured to go faster than you think you can go. The instructors will point out where and what you need to do to increase your confidence and speed. After you've demonstrated the control necessary, you get to drive alone , under their observation. After two completed events, you may be eligible for the Slalom license. After a year, you are eligible to enter the big track time trial series. One of the statements I make to students is "Don't try to impress me with how fast you are, try to impress yourself first- (me second) with how smooth you can be learning the track, your capabilities, your car's capabilities , and how to react if a situation occurs. Faster speeds will come later- you have to go slow before you get fast"
Old 01-24-2004, 09:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)