View Single Post
Bye, Bye.

Re: 3.2 performance upgrades

Loren,

I have been extremely polite to you in my posts. I will continue to take the high road and not degrade myself by stooping to the level of trying to attack you personally as it appears you have in your last post. Irrelevant can be defined as having no bearing on or connection with the subject at issue. By claiming that my comments are irrelevant you are insulting me by implying that my views have no bearing on the underlined issue. My views are just as important as yours and I take offense to you believing otherwise. You are also implying that my views have no connection with the subject at issue. This is a completely false argument, as my first post IS the underlined issue relating to me. Furthermore, I have not taken anything out of context. I have posted the substantive portion of your post, as it relates to my first post. I merely deleted the unnecessary and derogatory language. I have not misrepresented your statements in any way.

As for your argument that “the issue all long has been with regard to a stock engine and the resulting performance gain from a chip, and NOT the performance gain achieved by installing a chip AFTER making engine mods”, that very well be your issue, but not mine. I stated in my first post “It appears ...that a chip, pre-muffler, and (sport) muffler will give you everything SSI's will and possibly more.” I did not say anything about just a chip modification, but rather, I stated all three together as a package modification. I believe krichard asked “do you think that there is benefit from chipping after adding a euro premuffler and sport exhaust?” You replied “To answer your question, yes. Once you change the intake and exhaust systems, performance gains are possible with chip changes.” My READING of the above statement written by you directly relates to MY original post.

To break it down further, my original post stated the following:
“It appears ...that a chip, pre-muffler, and (sport) muffler will give you everything SSI's will and possibly more.”

Your last post stated the following:
“Once you change the intake and exhaust systems, performance gains are possible with chip changes.”

Now, I am not interested in other arguments discussed in this thread, as my original post is the only statement at issue relating to me.

To that end, I have nothing left to say on the issue relating to my original post. I was merely attempting to help another Pelican, and everything turned negative. I will not let this thread hamper my enthusiasm in this site or the enthusiasm I have in supporting my fellow Pelicans. I am almost ashamed to have taken part in such a negative atmosphere. I know there may be much said about my statement here, and much of it will continue the negative vibe, which will just support why I am leaving this thread. I say good luck in your future endeavors, Loren. Good bye.
Old 01-24-2004, 11:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #116 (permalink)