View Single Post
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by Lorenfb

Also, remember I was the one who was going to fly back east for the weekend
and help/observe a few dyno runs. I would have been spending my own money
without any benefit. I haven't hear any chips suppliers willing to become involved
or spend money in/on any dyno runs,
have you?
Hey Loren, the runs are are 'on' for Sat. Feb. 14th, you are more than welcome to assist. In fact, if you fly into Charlotte, I will personally pay for your hotel room one night...but it HAS to be a 'Holiday Inn Express' or I'm not going to believe anything you say! Seriously, you pay to fly, and I'll pay your hotel room. Although you may not have heard of chip suppliers willing to pay for dyno runs, Steve Wong did gratiously offer to assist with my dyno expenses via private email (as have several others), but our 1/2 day dyno scheduled is very reasonable in cost, so I have declined all offers. One other thing ...and not to be TOO argumentative, but from the get-go...going back to about a year ago on Rennlist I've always stated the mods I had made (sport muffler, premuffler, 93 octane, etc.), and when someone asked about chips, I recommended they check out Steve Wong's chip. You summarily dismissed all of us SW fans as being 'misled', and pretty much dismissed us as being gullible, and that we in fact were hurting our motors. When we stated that we could 'feel' the difference (and I've never stated that it was a HUGE difference), you argued that since it wasn't backed up by dyno evidence, then our feelings were 'imagined'. I'd welcome the opportunity to by you a beer and 'talk 911s' if you want to come assist!
Old 01-24-2004, 06:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #128 (permalink)