View Single Post
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by cicsprog
NOSTATIC…must be a bug going around. I saw this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10156&item=2454623587

last Friday night. I must have looked at it for 30 minutes. The remainder of last weekend, I spent scheming up ways to get a spare 20k and selling the current 88 911 to get this. Cashing in the kids paid-for college education here in FL, trying to convince the wife that this will be the last thing I will ever buy or need, and even donating some major organ or limb to science for $20k were all considered. The fever broke late Sunday night.
Ha! I go as far as to get out the scratch paper and start scrawling numbers...hmm...sell this, get a refund from that, then I'd end up spending this on that...

Since it appears as though I'll have one of these damn 911s around for a lot of years, I've pondered going newer. It doesn't help that even with a low miles 24 year old car, you still end up replacing things...one thing, then another. Of course some of that was enforced, and others is just liking to have things "right." So now I'm thinking that I should upgrade the t-bars, new bushings, etc. And I could use some Recaros. And...and... At some point you start thinking, "gee, why not just have a newer version."

But then reality sets in. First there's the extra $20K to get into the 993 (ouch). Then odds are there would be something that would need attention on it that hadn't been replaced yet. I don't know what to say about the engines...I've heard some rumblings about valve guides going early, and the CEL on the 96-98 is a fairly well known issue. Then again, I could lose a head stud or two any day on my SC, so as has been said above, every iteration has its issues.

At least window shopping is free. Other than the occasional flame
Old 01-25-2004, 12:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)