View Single Post
Somatic Negative Optimist

Garage
Search the board! One of the spring plate bolts is eccentric (for adjusting height) the other is just a fastener. It is almost impossible to adjust height unless you take the weight, and spring tension, off. I found it easiest to use a pit or a hoist. Rear: Make reference marks of the present position, disconnect sway bar, shocks. Lift and support the rear, remove wheels, index torsion bar or adjust spring plate eccentric bolt to the desired height. Use anti-seize on the threads and the eccentric bolt, grease the bushings. I found that it settles more even after many weeks. If you go below 24.5 in the rear, you are hitting the rubber stops inside the shocks. Even with 24.5, I removed about an inch of rubber from my Bilsteins. In front: I have 25 inches with bump steer kit installed. (0.75 deg negative camber) Anything lower and you are riding on the inside edge of your tires. It seems to me that a lot of people have a lowering addiction without understanding that the whole suspension geometry, and road handling, changes. Search the board. Enjoy.
Jerry: A 4-foot pipe? On what? That does not sound right.
Abstract Darwin Ipso Facto: "Life is evolutionary random and has no meaning as evidenced by 7 Billion paranoid talking monkeys with super-inflated egos and matching vanity worshipping illusionary Gods and Saviors ".

Last edited by Gunter; 01-25-2004 at 11:38 AM..
Old 01-25-2004, 11:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)