View Single Post

Yes I made one....no need really to post a pic. Just a wider pedal, with a pronounced reverse "L" shape toward the bottom. After using this for some time, and noting how easy it is to heel/toe with my Talon using the toe and ball-of-foot ( suspended hinges)...I may even rethink this idea to mimic what Eric Coffey says...make it wider at the top instead.

The only caution to note is that you tend to brake much deeper in actual race ( or DE) conditions...so that the pedals come together toward the same "plane" when driving in earnest. Street driving won't do this since you won't be "on the pedal" as hard.

I countersunk three holes in my aluminum plate and drilled through the plastic OEM pedal...backed up by fat washers/ stainless bolts and nylock nuts. If you find the pedal too far away...you can use longer bolts and tubular "sleeves" to make the alu pedal "stand-off" a bit from the original pedal..bringing the whole assembly closer to you.

$100 for a store-bought pedal?...that just hurts my $ sensibilities too much !!

---Wil Ferch
Old 01-26-2004, 08:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)