View Single Post

James,

People were drinking in McSorley's when Hell's Kitchen was covered in trees. Central Park was not even DESIGNED until four years after Old John began serving his "rich, wax-colored ale."

Anyway, McSorley's is located at #15 East Seventh Street, between Second and Third Avenues, on the North Side of the street, opposite Shevchenko place (which has some kind of an orthodox church standing on it). The facade is, predictably, Green.

I'm going to arrive as close to 6:30 as possible, and on a Friday night in the winter, it can be crowded. Meet me in the back room, near the pay phone. I don't know who is working on Friday, but if it is Tommy Nolan, getting a table will not be much trouble, although we may have to wait a few minutes. If you can PM me with a head count on Friday afternoon it would help, as I will let Nolan know how many Fabio-looking european tourists or checkered-shirt-wearing-reverse-baseball-hat-NYU-frat-guys to displace from their seats so we can sit and drink peacefully.

I will be wearing a dark brown quilted hunting jacket with a corduroy collar.

Ron, as far as getting downtown, the nearest subway is the 6 to Astor Place, which would require you to take the E train downtown from Penn Station a few stops to 14th Street, transfer to the L going eastbound to 14th Street/Union square, and transfer to the 6 downtown.

Alternatively you could take the DOWNTOWN E to 4th street and 6th Avenue and walk from there.

Good luck! Do NOT be deterred if it is crowded, it is worth it.
'66 911 #304065 Irischgruen
Ex-'71 911 PCA C-Stock Club Racer #806 (Sold 5/15/13)
Ex-'88 Carrera (Sold 3/29/02)
Ex-'91 Carrera 2 Cabriolet (Sold 8/20/04)
Old 01-26-2004, 12:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)