View Single Post
Somewhere in the Midwest

Kevin, I was looking at it from a 3.6 transplant to a pre-3.6 transplant. That is, if a 3.6 transplant is out of one's skill or challenge acceptance, a 930 case based motor will be a bit easier. Yes, a 3.4 would be pricey, but so would a 3.6 transplant.

I happen to know of a twin-plugged 10:1 3.0 with carbs that runs premium gas (not race fuel), and the little bugger does fairly well against much bigger cars..try 600HP...around a track (damn! I hope it is 10:1, not 9.5:1...and I can sense the head get larger..you know who you are ).

Sounds like our new friend may want heat...so SSI's or early headers should be considered.
It also doesn't sound like our new friend is as poor as I am...so an expensive motor he wishes...an expensive motor he may get .

It's just dreaming you see?

A good formula would be light as you can and a 930 case based engine.

He doesn't have to have 250+ HP to make a fun car, but if he can afford it..then let us dream him up a beast.

I haven't driven a 3.6 so I'm speaking out the wrong end, but does one really have to have a 3.6?

I still think this is a troll...and if not sorry dude...you're stuck with 986...unless you change it
Old 01-26-2004, 11:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)