View Single Post
Administrator

By the time that picture was taken, Mr914-6 may have been a little tired. After all, the track was 100% completely Lamborghini-free by the time I got there. I can only assume that Marco spent the wee hours of the morning chasing down and punking Countachs, Diablos and Murcielagos.

In this still from my in-car camera, you can see him showing where he ran a Gallardo off the pavement.

(Or maybe that's him getting out of Daddy's way? )

Joking aside, Marco acquitted himself very well on the track. And he also taught the mid-engine line to a lot of unsuspecting newbies.

Quote:
Thanks Jack. Very nice pics. No big wing this time?... too lazy or feeling brave?
I ran the ducktail to see the difference between it and the big tail. Same tires, same conditions, and same week at the track, the duck gets me about 200 rpms more by the end of the front straight, but costs me a little more than two seconds per lap overall. On high speed sweepers, there's no substitute for downforce.

Quote:
Whose car is the last one pictured, the black widebody?? That is the look I am going for with my project; I wonder what front fender set up and rear valance he used.
All the fiberglass parts (except the hood) are by Rennspeed.

Quote:
Jack...thanx for the pics..do you know who ownes the silver M coupe?
I don't know. There were two BMW's in the event. I think both belonged to R Gruppers who were more comfortable with their Beemers on the track.

Quote:
Are my eyes deceiving me or is that a water pumper mixed in with the R Gruppe? How did it perform?
There was a 951 in attendance. Nice car, but I think it was driven by someone who was fairly new to track driving, so it might not be fair to judge.

Video clips are on the way.
Old 01-27-2004, 02:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)