View Single Post

ZCAT3
If you haul it to LA for your brother to sell, now when the potential buyer shows up asking about it's history he/she will get the "I'm not sure, I'm selling it for my brother"....pretty close to the famous "I'm selling it for a friend". I know your bro will be more heads-up, but most of us feel better talking face to face with the owner, and the more history / personal knowledge the better the buyer feels, hence a higher price for you.

I just bought a '87 911 in LA. The seller was in Mississippi, and drove out to the 'Promised Land' (California) to sell it. The first deal fell through, and he had to go home. So his 911 is in LA and he is in Mississippi trying to sell it. It is going from one buddie's house to the next, with not much motivation (his friends were getting tired of dealing with it). Needless to say I got a killer-plus deal (thanks to fellow Pelicanheads recommending a great PPI guy, Robert at Dutch Treat).

I'd keep it in the Bay area, and work it yourself. Not much differences in the market areas, and no go-betweens.
Good luck
'87 911 Carrera '59 356 Coupe
'66 912 Speedster '99 996 Ducati
Old 01-27-2004, 07:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)