View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by old_porsche

This crowd has modified that last saying somewhat.

"If it don't go, copy it in carbon fiber."

I'd rather you attributed that to some Honda drivers. I don't see a line out the door to get CF around here. But, what do I know?

The hot rod thing should maybe be approached with restraint at first. It takes a while to assimilate all the posibilities. Nothing like buying something and then finding out that there was a better choice. I would seek out some Pcar owners at any gathering and talk to them as much as you can.

If you find a car that feels right and end up buying it, drive it for awhile to appreciate it's assets and shortcomings (if any). My advice beyond that is to try to buy a whole car that runs. You can sell off almost anything you replace or upgrade to offset the cost. It's a kind of 'trickle down' economics; as you move up, someone else moves up to your old stuff. In the last year, I've seen several that more than likely recouped half of their outlay doing this. With a roller, you don't get that advantage and you have a longer way to go from the beginning.

I've bought a roller and a whole car and I can tell you this from some real experience.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)