View Single Post

Thought I would follow up on this thread...

New bearings went in, as did new OEM swingarm bushings. Warmed swingarm end in hot water, twice, pulled bushings from freezer and used a rubber hammer to finish the job in. The measurement you need to hit is 5.5cm, side to side.

I never, ever, ever want to have to pull those Neatrix springarm bushings out of the car to reindex. Wil, I am counting on your and Thom's specs to save me from myself. Measured the tbars out at 28 degrees exactly, set the spring plate to dead center, centerpunched the relation between the outer short plate and the longer plate with two marks, and bolted the springarm to the swingarm which went in without trouble (due to being very sure my 5.5cm measurement was good -- used just a tad of grease to slide it in).

Shock is now back on, and the whole arrangement is very sano indeed. Bright silver swingarms, gold swingplates and bolts all polished. Nice yellow Sport Bilsteins and now all I need to do is get my axles in, emergency brake hooked up, shave the emergency brake shoes so that they don't ever rub on the inside of the hub, then clean/install caliper, hose and bleed it out.

I'll keep you posted as I go.

John
Old 01-28-2004, 08:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)