View Single Post
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by ted
Maybe the video compression helps make the car appear that it is making some sudden acceleration moves. Or Jack was just 8/10 and I was 10/10 and it also appears he did select some flattering footage of my white car.
They only thing worse than making excuses for myself online is having the faster guy making the excuses for me.

Mike's and my car are pretty closely closely matched at Willow. I've got more power and more tire, but also more frontal area, drag, and (most importantly) weight.

On this particular day, he was on R-compound tires and was running his big wing. I was on street tires with the ducktail. If the gap between us on these laps is 2-3 seconds, then I could probably close that with my better aero and rubber. With my big wing, the previous week, I was running 1:32's with the same street tires. Add Victoracers into the equation, and I should theoretically be able to beat Mike's 1:31's. But that's purely theoretical, of course. As of right now, he's run 1:31's at the big track, and I've never done better than low :32's. (And on this particular day, I was running mostly :34's. )

If it wasn't close, it wouldn't be any fun.
Old 01-28-2004, 11:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)