View Single Post

I called & emailed Dave, and he responds to both after 8pm EST. He said that's when he gets in from the shop. I spoke to him about my application, as I'm using a US OBDII Varioram engine, and I need 2 O2 sensors instead of 1. He said he can bend the pipes pretty much however you want, you simply need to give him center to center dimensions for the exit pipes if you want something specific.

The standard tips are painted with black high temperature paint. In the pics of Todd's muffler, it appears as though they are more silvery, so perhaps he made a special request. I mentioned tips to Triad in my last email, and he said there are plenty of aftermarket tips you can add bolt or weld on, but he didn't mention if he uses anything in particular. I assume you can buy or choose whatever you want, and he will mount them.

The muffler looks like it's painted in high temperature black paint. That's one of the questions I asked in my last email, and I'll be sure to post the results once I hear back. As far as the standard "exit pipes", they are 2.5" in diameter, but he said he can use 3" if desired.

The lead time is approximately 2-3 weeks. It's longer in my case due to the placement of the 2 O2 sensors. I struggled with the decision of whether to go the Triad route, as my shop fabs up a nice system with mandrel bent tubes and 2 Spintech mufflers. The cost for their system is higher at $1000-$1200 (the spintech mufflers are over $250 each), and they claim to have good dyno results from it. Sound is important to me, and I couldn't find a car with their system on it to hear, thus I went for the more known quantity of the Triad.

Let me know if you have anymore questions, and I'll see what Triad has to say.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)