View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by techweenie
As for the original subject car, it's obvious quite a bit of work has been done to it. Who's to say it was done to Porsche standards?
I'd say the car was pretty well built initially as the PO lavished lots of love, care and money on it. When it fell to the hands of the current owner during the downturn of 1998 era, I would say the same love was probably there but the same money wasn't spent.

The car has a Gemballa Widebody kit and has Big Reds with 17" Twist replicas. The engine was a gem. Rumored to have been built by Ruf (on orders of the last owner) to the tune of $45k. It's way faster than a 3.0 hamster mill of a SC. If I was blindfolded and sat inside, I'd claim it's a unmodded 930. The pull is insane, especially in the higher RPM range. It becomes alive when regular SCs begin to get breathless. And yes, it runs on CIS, which pretty much amazes me. Not to mention that this car is NOT light. The present owner put in tons of sound proofing and insulation and fitted in a 993 interior. Definitely a comfort cruiser but blistering fast.

There's a conspiracy theory on this accident. Some are saying he intentionally set the car on fire to claim insurance. For those who can offer an objective view to how it could have happened, please chime in with your opinion. Or PM me for details relating to the car and then feel for yourselves if it's an accident or intended. I'm curious myself. I know some facts but am not able to arrive at a conclusive end.

Sprint.
Old 01-28-2004, 05:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)