View Single Post
...is my Daughter

Here's a few pictures.

Here's the right side. All the white sections that you see is the FG panel. I cut out the steel panel with a cut off wheel. You can see that I also cut off the steel "water channel" that's located right under the right side of the deck lid. The FG panel that I had came with the water channel molded in. I used that molded water channel as a guide for locating whole panel. I lined up the channel perfectly square to the deck lid and then everything else lined up right. You can see the sheet metal screws within the channel that I used to initially hold the panel in. I eventually epoxied the panels in. I also retained the metal frame that holds the rear brake/turn signal lens.

And the left side...

I have many more pictures but my old PC is hosed and I'll have to get around to moving all my files to my new PC. The car is painted (ala BB2) and I have not noticed any problems yet with the FG panel. In fact it looks great in my opinion but time will tell if the FG holds up.

Felmir

Felmir Singson RGruppe #479
"Living the rest of my life, one minute at a time"
Old 01-28-2004, 08:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)