View Single Post

Garage
Turbodrvn,

I am FAR from the most qualified person on this board to give you an answer, but I thought someone should try to point you in the right direction, so here goes.

I believe that most would tell you that you should start slowly and overbuild rather than push your luck. The last thing you want to do is up the boost too quickly and then be faced with a complete rebuild.

That said, start with the basics. You MUST get yourself an intercooler. (Andial, Kokeln, etc...) Once you do that, it is a little safer to start building the car but you already have the exhaust and k27. My advice would be to get an intercooler and a boost controller and put in on a dyno to tune it.

At that point you will have the basic bolt on's (intercooler, k27, exhaust, and increased boost) There are a handful of supplimental mods that can help (Ignition, air filter, fuel, headers) but none of these are really going to make a noticalbe difference. (but are still recommended because they will help with longevity.)

Beyond this, you are looking at big bucks and I am not even going to begin making recommendations because that is where I quickly get out of my league. Maybe some of the true "HP Junkies" can chime in and offer more assistance.

I guess the bright side of this is you are just a few thousand dollars away from a reliable 375-400 hp, but the down side is to go much more than that you will start spending some serious cheese.

Best of luck.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)