View Single Post

Peter,

My recollection is that the ’77 model year was the first for galvanized bodies. I know that some were, I don’t know if all were.

To maintain a 911 in places like the Low Countries (The Hague & Seattle) and most everywhere else is to get your 911 dry and keep it that way. Heat/AC sealed garage, dehumidifier, consistent temperature, and some air flow through and around the car.
Here in Colorado we have 24”Hg (0.8 bar) atmospheric pressure and typically 10-40% RH. The big issue is temperature variation. If you keep your 911 in a place where the environmental conditions are very stable, that is the ideal.
Tectyl is a wonderful preservative. In applying it as Peter is, I would dilute it to very thin with Stoddard solvent and make sure any excess was drained out. This allows the wax (Tectyl) to penetrate all the seams and cracks and apply only an extremely thin coating so a subsequent application or cleaning will work.

Peter, it looks like you have a really cool RHD 911S in full disassembly. Good for you.

Best,
Grady
Answers (correct) - - - - - - - - - - $12.50
Old 01-29-2004, 10:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)