View Single Post

For me in 2003...going to the Vintage Races at Watkins Glen in September, that part of the world is perfect then, including the roads..and meeting up and chatting with the owner of 908/03 ( racing number 4 in Martini Livery). He was so taken by my (small) amount of knowledge that he took me by the arm and showed me the car from all angles...took the rear deck off...etc...all this mind you, at Friday's carnival festival right on Main street at the Glen in front a crowd that got bigger and bigger.. Jeepers, the way the two of us were carrying on..some people actually mistook *me* to be the owner and started to ask me questions !!!
The next day I cheered him on from the sidelines as he completely and totally annhialated a pair of GT-40's during the enduro races. Phil Degrepont ( never can spell his name right)...mighty fine down-to-earth fellow who was just *filled* with enthusiasm and was willing to share this freely with others...

--Wil Ferch

( no ...didn't get to drive it )
Old 01-29-2004, 01:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)