View Single Post

Garage
Send a message via AIM to MichiganMat
My buddy and I were welding the drivers side seat bracket back into place about two weeks ago. The weld melted the plastic fuel return line in the tunnel and it started to leak fuel. You need to realize that the return line is located in its own little "tube" in the tunnel that sits right underneath the bracket. Well, needless to say, the next weld we started nearly blew us up. Even when we put the fire out we had to deal with the full tank of gas that was slowly emptying into my car. We used the fuel pump to drain the tank, then replaced the plastic lines with new non-melting rubber fuel line from good-ol' Kragen Auto. The inside of my car still smells like gas.

We used Kragen line because we couldn't source any factory lines that day, and I had to get back on the road. Should I be concerned? I was a little worried about the rubber lines collapsing from the suction of the fuel pump, but that hose is pretty tough and I don't think it will happen. Suggestions?
'99 LR Disco 2
Old 01-29-2004, 01:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)