View Single Post

Send a message via AIM to schlag
As hard as it is to imagine sometimes, even a bad business usually isn't bad 100% of the time. For every one guy that is absolutely happy about the quality of his oil change or some other small job, there may be three guys who have had shoddy engine rebuilds.

Both sides should be represented in the database - an average of the scores is represented by a 1 to 5 "crest" display at the top of each mechanics page. (Similar to 1 to 5 stars, like a movie rating.) If a shop is bad, the reviews should eventually reflect that if everyone is honest in their opinions.

Par911, feel free to write negative reviews about shops that you have had negative experiences with. (To do this, just go to that mechanic's page and click "Write a Review" at the top.) Doing so will help make the database as accurate as possible and prevent other people from patronizing the same lousy businesses that ripped you off. I have personally slagged off several mechanics on there that I've had problems with.

There will be times when there are glaringly obvious "stacks" taking place. In those cases I will remove them. If anyone suspects stacking of the database, please notify me and I will look into it. I'm definitely on the prowl for this...

Thanks again!!
Old 01-29-2004, 03:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)