View Single Post

Garage
John and Ingo:

It's definately a "one-off" setup, but works and sounds very nice. Aggressive low rumble at idle...impressive primal scream at WOT above 5k. Initially I had the muffler with pipes attached leading to 993 tips. It was still pretty loud (although much quieter than the cat only setup). Resonance inside the car was the problem for me. I went back and added two 12" resonators coming off the muffler and welded on the 993 tips. Man, it's a great setup. The sounds is awesome and resonance is minimal now. Dyno results indicate favorable performance with this setup also. It's a very unrestricted system.

If I had the time and inclination, it'd be a great system to duplicate and bring to market. Just not enough hours in the day. I recommend making friends with someone at a muffler shop that will spend some time with you. Took about 4 hours to fab and install. Total cost about $400. No cat needed where the car is registered, so that wasn't an issue. Gillet flanges made the Triad setup a problem, although Dave was very willing to give it a go if the custom rig was a flop. Guess I lucked out.
89 Carrera 3.6 V-ram #94
Livin' for Targa time!

Want to make God laugh?
Tell him your plans!

Last edited by Mike Feinstein; 01-29-2004 at 03:19 PM..
Old 01-29-2004, 03:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)