View Single Post

Thabaer, I have the jack adapter for the engine and trans. The motor was just fine on the adapter. I pulled the trans off the engine while it was on the jack adapter, the engine was pretty stable on the adapter by its self. I then put the trans and engine back to geather with it sitting on the jack adapter. It was still pretty stable. However I was careful not to jerk it around too much, and I kept it down as low as it would go because its not perfictly balanced when its just the engine.It was a big help when I did some work on my car. If your like me, and don't have any friends handy when you need them the adapter is what you need when you work by your self.I had to get a little creative trying to get the motor on the stand, but I could not of done it with out the adapter. I don't have one of Wayne's good jacks they would of make it real easy to put on stand by yourself. think that the jack adapter is the only way to go, I can't immagine droping an engine with out one now.
1982 930, K-27, BL adj. WUR, Rarlyl8 Headers and Hooligan muffler, MSD 6, 22 and 30mm torsion bars, poly bronze bushings 30mm raised spindles and custom valved Bilstein shocks (by Elephant Racing), monoballs front and rear (by Rennline), Alton 17" Fuchs, Fred Cook fuse panel
Old 01-29-2004, 06:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)